Monday, September 15, 2008

Getting on the Bus

Well we all have varied feelings about the degradation of common courtesy in the world today. But I have a different view on this as proven to me every time I board the bus in the morning on days I can't walk to work.

I think most people feel its a nice idea to let women board the bus first and you wait until they've gone before trying to push in. Just the way I was raised. So imagine my "love" of people when I go through this each day and wait to let women on first and then when they get on the bus they stay and stand right at the front. Making it so we have to push and excuse ourselves around them in tight quarters to get to the free space towards the back.

So I say, although I do not agree it is right, that I can certainly understand how our society has gotten away from being nice to others and the whole "women and children first" theory.

No comments: