Monday, September 15, 2008

Learning to Cook

As everyone knows there are those that say "Anyone can cook."

But how true do you all think this is? Many of you I am sure can and do cook well. A few many not be able to cook at all. I definitely fall into the latter. But I am slowly starting to learn, in large part under the expert tutelage of my girlfriend.

It truly amazes me how easy some of the few things I've learned to do are. Now that I know how to do them. But it has always been one of the things in my life I wanted to learn and never did and as with every great endeavor they only get done when you do them.

And of course this leads to the need of new toys, ah I mean tools, in the kitchen. After all, who wants to chop vegetables with an old dull knife when you can have a brand new one that feels like it was made just for you? This is how it felt when I picked up my first Wusthof Culinar knife in the store the other night. I knew right then I had to buy one and try it out. Luckily I also knew that the store wanted too much money for it and I went home to buy it online at amazon of all places. So now as I get ready to head home for another lesson in cooking tonight, I am filled with expectation on the delivery of my new knife.

No comments: